Thank you again Hev at A Little Place of My Own for nominating me for another blog award! I’m so honoured you consider my blog to be interesting enough a read to share with others 😀
So to keep this thing going I first have to give you 7 facts about myself, and then nominate 7 people for this award.
7 Facts About Me
- If I find the way someone says a particular word (or makes a sound) intriguing I will often mimic it. Not because I’m taking the piss, but because I liked how it sounded and want to recreate it.
- I was born at 11:34pm and I’m a night owl. Coincidentally my daughter was also born at night and is a night owl, and my son was born in the morning and is an early bird.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I started watching Season 7 of Doctor Who because there was not much else on ABC iView at the time and became hooked (I haven’t gone back to watch earlier episodes yet, but I’ll get around to it.)
- I don’t watch the television because I cannot stand advertisements – the only shows I watch appear on our government owned public broadcasting channel ABC and even then I only watch shows online (ABC iView).
- I love love love love British crime shows, comedies, and dramas. I’m lucky we get loads of those on the ABC.
- I love Musicals – my all time favourite has to be RENT.
My 7 Nominations:
Before I list my nominations, I just want to say that if Hev hadn’t already nominated me I’d be nominating her. I’ve discovered through reading her blog we have lots in common, and if I knew her in real life I think we’d be great friends.
I read so many great blogs and wish I could list them all. I’ll be fair and offer nominations for a few I read often and that are different from my last award nominations:
- The Persistent Platypus
- Take a Ride on my Mood Swing
- INFJ Ramblings
- Blahpolar Diaries
- Pieces of Bipolar
- Journey with Carley
- Hazelnut Pie
To those I’ve nominated, I won’t be upset or offended if you choose to ignore my nomination. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your blogs, and reading them helps me feel connected to this world.
I want to say thank you to Hev over at alittleplaceofmyown for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award.
It would be rude of me not to pass it forward, so I’ll answer the questions like so:
11 Facts About Me
- I have 7 piercings in my ears.
- I used to play World of Warcraft a lot.
- I am right handed.
- I’m terribly indecisive – which is the reason why I don’t have any tattoos I’m terrified I’d hate the design in the future.
- I like drinking Long Island Iced Tea.
- I have a crush on David Beckham.
- I can twist a jelly snake into a knot using only my tongue.
- I often wake myself up by talking, or simulating actions (e.g: drinking an imaginary cup of tea, or eating an imaginary bowl of noodles) in my sleep.
- I am terrified of heights – I can’t even stand on a chair without getting vertigo.
- I am a chronic nail biter, which freaks me out because I am also a massive germaphobe.
- I love the sound of crunching ice (the frozen water type of ice)
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter
- Tea or coffee? Tea (but I also like Coffee)
- Dark, milk or white chocolate? Dark
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? London for the energy and the fact that it is far busier and more populated than Melbourne. I am very drawn to the idea of being lost in a crowd where nobody knows or cares who I am. And oh boy do I want a guy who speaks just like Rupert Penry-Jones.
- What is your favourite film? My Fair Lady – Rex Harrison character Professor Henry Higgins captured my heart when he lamented over the misuse of the English language. I particularly detest how much English has been corrupted here in Australia (ugh you will never ever catch me pronouncing it Os-Tray-Ya)
- Who is your favourite superhero? Gambit (Marvel Comics)
- What advice would you give to other bloggers? Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are very important.
- Why did you start your blog? To share my experiences with Bipolar Disorder.
- And what have you learned about blogging since then? I am not alone – there are people out there who think and feel the same things that I do.
- What’s your favourite song?
- What is your dream job? Film producer
- Who’s your favourite author? Oh my gosh,this one is too hard I love reading! I honestly can’t pick when I’ve got so many to choose from: Phillip K Dick, TS Eliot, George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Anthony Burgess, Lewis Carroll, Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allen Poe, Roald Dahl, Neil Gaiman, J.D. Salinger, H.G. Wells, Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen, Truman Capote the list is endless!!
Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Early Bird or Night Owl?
- What is the one possession you can’t live without?
- Do you call a summer squash a Zucchini or Courgette?
- Do you sleep with socks on or off?
- What was last photo you took with your phone?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty?
- Which fictional character are you most like?
- Chewing gum or breath mints?
- Do you prefer to buy groceries at a big chain supermarket or an independent market?
- What new skill, or piece of knowledge, would you most like to learn/acquire?
- Who do you admire the most, and why?